Wednesday 28 January 2009

Mercury & Others A+ Facts in Turmoil Times

While last Monday will be remembered as the day when 75,000 jobs were cut across the world, Obama is trying to have his stimulus plan approved to get the U.S. shaky economy back on track. He is also showing an interesting change of attitude towards the Middle East. I don't feel like expressing my opinion, yet, but I believe that a finally-balanced and more diplomatic approach is on its way.

In the meantime, Italian Prime Minister Berlusconi is surely busy drafting a new law to protect himself against countless lawsuits. This is really a sad topic. After tons of laws issued to save his ass, what's next? I am sure some new moves are on their way.

Zapatero, in Spain, finally showed up on National TV answering questions about the crisis. It was about time, I must say. In the meantime, the Popular Party (PP) is being hit by a weird and confusing scandal involving private investigations to PP members... Meaning, we'd better stick to what we have now (Zapatero) and hope he is capable of pushing for change.

And the rest of the world is assessing its own, personal mess... I am sick of reading news, at least for today.

Sometimes I wonder what is my role in this dramatic scene? I move economy, that is a fact, as the crisis hasn't given me a reason - yet - to stop buying what I want and what I need. I work, another proven fact, doing my best to generate occasions for business intelligence to benchmark. I make plans, third and last point, to escape this frame and get the best of this not-so-bright 2009.

However, I feel that this new year brought with itself a new wave of energy, burning inside me with hot sparkles of inspiration. I am writing like I have never done before and using this Blog as a scrap-book for further reference.

If my plan goes through, I will need to remember how I was feeling today. I hope. I do have a lot of hopes.

Mercury, ruler of my sign and of Wednesdays, is here to help me communicate this change that is happening fast in my personal path.

So here I am with a skinny list of A+ Facts for today:

- I read the article mentioned in my previous post.
- My dinner was just as healthy as those served in hospital, tasty and colorful though.
- Barcelona today looked friendly, especially during my trip to the Boqueria Market.
- I talked to my mom. We will travel to Egypt in March.
- My lifestyle is rapidly shifting towards health.

...This is not an A+ Fact, yet, but a wannabe marvel about to be born. Let's hope I get THAT answer soon! And, most of all, let's keep fingers crossed while waiting for feedbacks.
P.S. Stay tuned for details!


Meanwhile, you can watch "The fool looks at the finger that points to the sky", by Aaron Bradbury, a sound and touching metaphor of our daily shock towards this caotic world. http://www.bbc.co.uk/dna/filmnetwork/A13778256

A.

No comments:

Post a Comment