Monday 26 January 2009

Maybe Mondays are Necessary...

Just got back from the event on Women and Afghanistan (Mujeres contra el olvido y la impunidad, organised by ASDHA,  in cooperation with the Catalan Institute for Human Rights, directed by my friend David Bondia). 

Got quite impacted of course, as the pictures were mostly portraits of women and kids, hurt by the endless conflicts in their unfortunate country.

One conclusion. Maybe Mondays are Necessary.

I got to meet a special woman, Ms. Rosa Roisinblit, Vice-President of the Plaza de Mayo Grandmothers' Organisation. It was powerful to kiss her as she smells of history and pain. Their story is about Hope and Fights and I believe it was a great present for me to get to see and exchange a few trivial words with her, about her recent trip on a cruise across the Mediterranean.

Now I am back home and there is so much to be done that I don't really know where to begin. But I feel that there is no need nor time to stress about it. After having gently touched the reality of those people, I know once more how blessed I am.

A+ Facts of the Day:
- I am a lucky person: young, restless, energetic and without close experience to pain and sorrow.
- The pictures from Gervasio Sánchez were touching and real. They opened a hole in my heart.
- I have eyes to see the truth. Ears to listen to its words. Voice to spread the message.
- Last but not least, I do have hands to place my tiny brick on the wall of hope.

Now I have got to go back to those details that require my attention (e.g. dinner, shower, emails, unfinished books and notes). But my energy flows free today and I feel part of the boundary-less movement towards tomorrow.

A.

P.S. I hope I am not infringing any copyright posting this picture (by Mr. Sánchez). In case I am, it will be promptly removed.

Relevant Links:

No comments:

Post a Comment