Tuesday 17 February 2009

I am not gone...

I haven't abandoned my blog. I swear...

The facts are these: my MacBook, my lovely white laptop, happened to break. Nothing major I must say but a crack on the white plastic around the keyboard. How do you call that, by the way?
















One morning, a few months ago, I woke up and opened it to check my emails and I saw this tiny but real crack. One of the sides was actually already detached from the base and I heard my heart bumping in my chest... How the heck did it happen? Well, my research led me to the conclusion that a lot of MacBooks broke in the same exact spot. Don't ask me why. I don't even want to know.

I longed a few months. Waiting to see if a miracle could actually happen and the crack could fix by itself. Of course, not only it didn't fix but I also started seeing the same exact issue on the opposite side of the plastic. Oh jeez, this is a conspiracy!

Monday my laptop was finally brought to the assistance center by my flatmate Corey, who experienced a Hard Drive apparent death during the weekend. It was such a relief to know that the white plastic would eventually be replaced... No, not that easy.

At the center, they gave him a very hard time and I had to call them myself, threatening to file an official complaint to the Apple assistance, to ensure to get it fixed without extra expenses (yes, my laptop has no warranty BUT Apple is taking care of this problem as its fault).

Anyway, it's all good BUT I have no laptop. Which makes me think how dependent from the machine I actually am. I am so freaked out when I come home from work and cannot surf throughout my usual sites of horoscopes, daily news, show videos, etc... Hopefully I will get it before the end of the week although I highly doubt it. I gave them such a hard time that they might as well make me - morally - pay for the damage.

In the meantime, here is the link to my last Tickle, called Your Body is Your Temple. To keep you hanging in there while I am out of the surfing world!

The only A+ Fact I can think about....
- I am detoxing from the WWW for a few days, ready to come back stronger than ever.
A.

2 comments:

  1. mi spiace per il tuo pc....e anche per te. Io mi sono reso conto che senza internet non posso + stare..sarò un caso clinico? C'è un centro per ripararsi dall'assefuazione del www??

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mah, UN DISASTRO infatti. Però devo dire che è servito abbastanza... Non sai la gioia al suo ritorno!

    ReplyDelete